NOTE: Call time is 2 pm PST this Wednesday (11/6)!!!
Week Six: When you fill a need...
1. YOU make a difference that only YOU can make!
2. YOU experience change that comes from serving!
3. YOU heal your past where you have an unfulfilled need!
4. YOU change someone else's life--perhaps forever!
Will you post your thoughts on when you have done #1, 2, 3 or #4???
Be encouraged,
Becky
This morning, I wrote in my prayer journal, asking God to show me a need that I could fill for him. I had a computer class that I had signed up for but lounging in my pjs I talked myself out of going when the phone rang. I could not understand the caller, she was saying something in a broken accent. " I got your name from a old list, I would not have called you but we are in real NEED." This got my attention. Who is this, I asked, thinking it was some teller marketer. Turned out that the Mom's group at my old church needed babysitters this morning because they were having a very popular speaker and everyone showed up. I cancelled my class, (God was making a way earlier) got dressed and 15 minutes later I followed the noise of the crying babies. 14 crying babies and 4 ladies. I had 2 babies in my arms and kicked a rocker with my foot for the 3rd. I LOVED it. I was where God needed me to be. While there I thought about how God had transformed my word of the year. Every year I pick a word and then let God speak to me through it. After reading 7 by Jen Hatmaker I came up with the word NEED. In the beginning of the year it started with having in my house what I NEED only, then it went on the direction of buying what I NEED (not want) doing what I NEED to do. Action steps I NEED to take. and then today, I saw the last quarter clearly in my head. Finding a NEED and filling it. How creative is God finishing my word of the year, in this group, in this way. I am where God wants me to be and it feels fabulous!
ReplyDeleteOh, what I was going to learn how to do in my computer class is bookmark this series. I have the new 7os and it is different from the rest. If you wonder why I don't post very much it is because it is a hassle to get into this site with my new system. I don't still know how to book mark but figured out how to put this site on my reading list so I can access this a little easier. So watch out, you might be hearing from me. Becky, I would love to work on polishing my God stories into either writings or mini speeches. Maybe you could help me with this. I am going to miss being in your weekly call in sessions. I am on fire to make a difference for the Lord. Yeah!!
ReplyDeleteRobbie, you are always faithful to post!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry I have not been faithful in this area lately…
The 21 day challenge has taken me to another level of God's great mercy and love!
So much to tell and I cannot begin now..but will try to post in the next few days.
Thanks Becky!!
I wanted to ask Robbie, any chance you want to help with babies at my new church:)? Just kidding, but I LVOED the story. And I am going to take women through the Bible in 2014 at my church, so maybe I can do it online too? We'll see. Love you all. Talk soon.
ReplyDeleteThis question became much more than I expected when I first read it – and I’ll be asking myself to look back and check myself often!! There are so many needs in the people in my life and I started examining where God really wants me.
ReplyDeleteMy real desire is to bring people to know Christ! This past week I had invited 10 people to go to Women’s Connection with me and 3 accepted. I knew they would hear a clear invitation to know Christ. I watched the sparkle in their eyes as they enjoyed the silent auction and just had fun. Then I watched those same eyes as they visited with ladies at the luncheon table and felt a part of a group. But most importantly I saw the tears and the joy of hearing how God had worked in one woman’s life and brought her through an amazing journey. Their lives were changed!! It brings me back to my own salvation and gives me a greater boldness to keep inviting and to keep sharing my own story! God is faithful –
I love it, Cindy! Wow! You are an evangelist!
ReplyDelete