I have wondered numerous times during this series, why it feels different than all of my previous series.
In each series, I "know" where I am going before I begin. I choose a topic that is my strong suit. I feel more of an expert than a sojourner in most of my quarterly series.
This series, Find a Need and Fill It, has been different. I have been challenged to dig into the experience, rather than just "teach" it. And here is what I'm learning...
Do you believe that the SMALLEST of gestures, kindnesses, or blessings to one who is hurting, needy, lonely, anxious, broken, or desperate IS DONE as if to Jesus?
That is the devotion (and challenge) for this week.
Be encouraged,
Becky
Last night I sat down to get caught up on this series, when the phone rang, my brother who was in need, again. This time was different because God has given me a new way of looking at interruptions. Thanksgiving I was at my husbands hospital bed thanking God that his heart attack didn't kill him. Now you know why you haven't heard from this gal who normally is never at a loss for words or comments. I am stilling myself so I can be open to those around me that need Jesus. Christmas decorations, endless shopping, cards & cookies aren't going to be this year. Less you think my house is empty, it is filled with wreaths and greens. Find a need and fill it has given me eyes to see others through Jesus's eyes. I purchased 2 airline tickets for my brother to be with his family for Christmas, he'll be bringing his grand kids their Great Grandma (my mom). Emanuel- God with us. All is calm All is Bright I will try and make the call today, but not sure, as I am not home.
ReplyDeleteWow Robbie, God is really working!
ReplyDeleteI too, believe God for amazing miracles this Christmas season. We are not doing the usual madness as well…we will be away for Christmas in the tropics. No baking, no last minute craziness. Just time together as a family in a quiet place with not much to do.
There has been much healing in my life this year, I am so thankful. I did not check your topic for this week until just now….
2 days ago, I was in NYC, and walking down 5th Avenue, I saw a young girl, in her 20's, holding her head in shame, sitting against a building with a cup of change at her feet. I walked past her, and then.. I thought of Jesus…I had to go back. That could be me. I walked back to her and gave her money. And now, I wish I would have taken the time to talk to her about Jesus. It was dark, cold and miserable outside. I can still see her in my mind. It makes me tear up just to write this. Oh Lord, I am so sorry. I should have talked to her about You. I pray they gather up the homeless each night in that city and take them to shelters. It is brutally cold there. Lord, have mercy on me. Give me another chance to help.